Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7, 2015 Monday

At last, I am in my new apartment and I love it.  I moved on November 18 and we were able to find a place for each piece of furniture I brought with me.  It is still a work in progress as there are no curtains hung and many pictures are trying to find a comfortable home for me to enjoy.


 There have been a few bumps in the road but nothing that we could not resolve.  The first bump was the dryer vent was too large to fit into the laundry area.  My wonderful son-in-law came to the rescue and was able to connect a flexible duct vent and everything fitted perfectly.


The second bump was getting telephone and internet service.  I am going to be very kind and not say anything negative other than very, very poor customer service from my carrier.  It took over three weeks for them to get me service.  But I am now connected and up and running.  Yes, you can live without the internet!


I could never have done this move without the help of my wonderful, sweet, loving children.  They have been there with me all the way.  And dear, dear friends who saw me dwindling at the end and came to my rescue and helped with the garage sale and moving the last left overs from the garage sale to a resale shop that supports a cause dear to my heart.  I am truly a blessed woman.


But the most important thank you should go to my Lord and Savior.  From the beginning of this journey I knew I could not make it by myself.  Before the apartment became available I prayed daily that God would give me clarity and direction to make the best decision for me.  When the apartment became available I asked for peace of mine and a stress free move.  Everything about this move went as perfect as any move could go.  There were times when I knew beyond a doubt that God was in complete control.  For example when I just by chance showed up at the house the day they disconnected my cable and telephone after they had told me it would be a week later.  There was my service tech wanting to know where he should go to connect my new cable service.  He followed me to the apartment and I had cable to enjoy that night.  The day I was suppose to get telephone and internet service, and had been told that I did not need to be home, I had walked to the mail box to pick up my mail and when I was walking back I saw my carriers truck.  There the service tech stood at my front door wanting to get inside and get everything hooked up.  All of this just did not happen.  God was in control every step of the way and I give him thanks and glory for loving me so much and taking care of me.


I love my apartment and I know that I am going to love having the freedom to not have the responsibility of caring for a house and yard.  A few repairs are needed on my house and then it will go on the market.  I know it will sell and I just pray it will be quickly.


The sewing machine is set up and I have three projects sitting on the table waiting for me.
Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment