Thursday, December 24, 2015

December 24, 2015 Thursday

I am cooking lunch for tomorrow for part of my family.  This has been the most upside down Christmas I have ever experienced and it is turning out to be one of the best I have had.  We are a large family and long ago we gave up trying to exchange presents.  The rule for the grandkids is you get a present until you are 18 and that is the cutoff age.  After that we just enjoy being with each other whenever we can.  I do not even have a tree this year but I have had some of the most wonderful gifts a mother and grandmother could be given.  One of my grandsons is home from the marines for the holidays.  What a joy to see his smiling face and feel his loving hugs.  Then two other grandsons are in the area visiting their mother and they will be here tomorrow for lunch with their mom and stepdad.  Already another son has advised me he and his family will be up this week to share lunch with me one day and just maybe they will bring that special great grandson of mine.  Today I spoke with my sister and we just enjoyed chatting and catching up on each others family.  And to me that is what make Christmas so special this year, my wonderful sweet family.  To celebrate the birth of the Christ child is the focus of my Christmas but the love of my family is icing on the cake.  Merry Christmas to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment