I haven’t blogged in the past month mainly because I had nothing to show or say. I have been very busy trying to get my yard in shape for the winter. Shrubs and trees have been trimmed and shaped. Rocks have been moved in order to reduce the size of a flower bed by my mailbox and thirty bags of mulch have been spread in flower beds. Because of the excessive spring and summer rains we now have excessive ant beds in the yard so I have been aggressively dealing with those little stinging creatures. All quilting was stopped.
Yesterday I finally went to the sewing room and was successful in sewing a SOAR bag. Our church helps support a mission project in Mexico. Each fall SOAR bags are sewn by volunteers. These bags are approximately 13 x 17 with drawstrings and marked with a child’s age and gender. Our church members then take a bag or bags and fill them with gifts for that child. Sometimes in December the bags are collected and transported to Mexico and given to children as Christmas gifts. Most of the children live in small remote villages in Mexico. I am going to try and make bags for next Christmas and the bag I just finished yesterday was a sample to see if I could follow the sewing directions I was given. With a few modifications I can make it work.
Fabric for a quilt is sitting on the cutting table and I am now motivated to get started planning and cutting into it for the next quilt.