Sunday, November 3, 2013

This and That


This weekend I watched the Georgia-Florida football game and increased my quantity of gray hairs.  To be so far ahead and then win by only three points was truly an “edge of the chair” four hours.  Go Dawgs!

I live in a very small town about twenty miles from Athens, GA.  We have spent our late summer weeks in the middle of a very hot and often nasty political campaign.  Our local newspaper editor has sided with the liberals and has not been unbiased about who he is supporting nor have the feature writers in their columns.  It would be so nice if the newspaper could just present the true facts of each canidate and let the people vote for who they want to.

I enjoy television.  Living alone I find that it is something to do to pass the time especially at night.  Of course I usually have some handwork in my lap or have the laptop in my lap.  But this TV season it is just hard to fine shows that I enjoy or have an interest in.   I am not interested in The Real Housewives of whatever town they live in, nor do I enjoy Survival or Amazing Race type programs.  And my goodness the so called comedy programs I do not even think about watching those.  I like programs that have a story line with a beginning and an ending.  I lean more toward the mystery TV programs.  And I love Downton Abby and will be so glad when it returns.

Books are my life savers.  I love to read and I like to take my time reading a book and savor every word. Currently I am reading Sycamore Row by John Grisham and I think it will be a good read.  I just finished reading Changing Shadows by Phillip Herman, a new author.  Really enjoyed the story line and I like his writing style.

Quilting is my passion and currently I am in the process of making a quilt for a sweet three year old.  She is a family friend and this quilt was requested by one of my children to give to her for Christmas.

My last comment is on Daylight Saving time.  I really wish they would just select one or the other and stick with it all year.  It would simplify life.

No comments:

Post a Comment