Saturday, November 19, 2011

Miniature Christmas Sampler

This is a miniature Christmas sampler I finished this weekend.  Originally I had intended to use it on my dining room table.  But that table is now part of the "dining room quilting area".  So I will hang it for the holiday season.  But first it is being shown in our guilds Christmas quilt show at the Commerce, GA library.

I used lite heat and bond for the applique and then did a very narrow buttonhold stitch on the applique.  It was machine quilted, by me, and since I am mostly a handquilter it was a learning experience.

I especially love the red fabric I used and went back and purchased more for my stash.  Now I am going to watch for the quilt shops after Christmas sale and go back and buy even more if there is any left.  It truly is a lush color of red.

1 comment:

  1. Dot,
    That is absolutely gorgeous! The applique is so delicate and fine, and I agree with you about the red fabric. Hope you can buy up the extra!
    I also wanted to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. Hope it's full of blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete