Friday, September 28, 2018

Blogging, Our Country and Me


Blogging is a mystery at times.  When I started blogging it was fun and interesting for me.  Then I realized that my blog was a place where I could share my love of quilting and display some of my quilts.  Often, I would write about my personal life and what was going on in my family.  Now my blogging is a hit and miss, mostly misses.  My quilting has slowed down as I have slowed down my lifestyle.  My personal life has become more personal and I question how much I am willing to share to others about my life and the life of other family members.  I have withdrawn into a shell because the world has become a scary place and I value my privacy and that of my family.

Other blogs that I have read for years have changed.  Most started out being involved in the quilt world and now they have also moved on to other interest in there lives.  Frankly, I am not interested in how many chickens you have or how often you travel overseas or how many clothes you have purchased for the season. 

Now I want to read about what you have contributed to make our world a better place for all of us.  What have we done to teach others how to survive in this troubling world during troubling and changing times.  How can we change ourselves one at a time to make this country a better place during our stay here?  Let’s face the truth, our country, our world is in a crisis of immorality, evilness and just rotten to the core environment.  But if we recognize that we have serious problems we can help to make changes in small way.

I choose to stand up for what I believe.  I will not force my beliefs on you and I do not want you to try and force your beliefs on me.  I choose right living, goodness, fairness and a deep personal spiritual belief based on love.  Will it make a difference, I do not know but at least I am trying to do something in my own small way and maybe it will help others to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment